Who Should Apply:
Applicants should be young professionals and graduate students, men and women in their 20’s or early 30’s, who want to place their talents at the service of others, and to become the best professionals they can be.
THE FALL APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 20.
You will need to complete our online application. The application includes:
1) Your updated resume
2) A short bio of yourself (150 words or less)
3) Why you would like to attend the DC Accelerator (100 words or less)
Two Full-Day Workshops
The entire program takes place over the course of two Saturdays. In 2022 the program will meet on Saturday, October 15, and Saturday, November 19. Participants must commit to attending both sessions.
Participants will be broken into Pods of 5 to 8 people who meet under the guidance of a Facilitator who is a DCA alum. After each Pod exercise, all participants assemble to discuss their insights and conclusions.
The sequence of events is:
• Each participant completes the first set of online exercises and takes the MCODE assessment (about 45 minutes).
• All Pods meet on a Saturday from 9am to 4pm, including breakfast and lunch, in a relaxed, enjoyable, team-building environment.
• Over the next two to three weeks, each participant has a coaching call, then completes the second set of online exercises, including the first draft of their 1-year professional plan (about 60 minutes).
• All Pods meet again on a Saturday, following the same format as above. In the final event of the day, each Pod chooses one person to present his or her professional plan to the entire cohort.
• Over the next two weeks each participant has his or her second coaching call.
Once the program is completed, participants are DCA Alumni, and will enjoy ongoing social events and guest speakers to continue their growth and sense of connection with the DCA community.
The normal fee of $1,000 has been reduced to ease economic distress. The cost for the Fall Program is only $325, plus you will need to pay an additional $49 when registering for the MCODE assessment (motivationcode.com).